DID YOU KNOW...
THEODORE ROOSEVELT’S BOYHOOD FRIENDS CALLED HIM TEEDIE, NOT TEDDY.
1. What is it ??
Made of gold-plated britannium on a black metal base, it is 13.5 in (34 cm) tall, weighs 8.5 lb (3.85 kg) and depicts a knight rendered in Art Deco style holding a crusader's sword standing on a reel with five spokes...
2. What two-word term is used to describe the top speed reached by a free-falling object ?
3. For what movie role is actor Verne Troyer best-known ?
4. What was the name of Rocky
Balboa's pet goldfish ?
(Bonus ; The names of his two pet turtles ??)
5. What's the nickname of the Indianapolis Motor speedway ?
6. The Alan Brady Show
is a TV show within what TV show ?
7. On January 28, 1985, forty-five recording artists gathered at A&M Studios in Hollywood to record what Michael Jackson / Lionel Richie song ?
(Hint; It was for charity. )
8. Steve McQueen and O.J. Simpson co-starred in what 1974 disaster movie ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"Slinky" and all Slinky Brand toys were pulled from the market in the late '80s.
1. The Academy Award Statuette, or "Oscar"
2. Terminal Velocity
4. Moby Dick (Cuff and Link)
5. The Brickyard
6. The Dick Van Dyke Show
7. We Are the World
8. The towering Inferno
Generations of children continue to nudge the coiled toy down staircases. Others use the metal or plastic gadgets to learn scientific lessons. Whatever the use, Slinky toys are still produced, sold, and played with world-wide.