DID YOU KNOW...
Annual flu viruses (not including flu pandemics) infect up to 20% of Americans, put 200,000 in the hospital with flu-related complications, and kill about 36,000 people.
1. what's the name of the annual dogsled race that spans 674 miles from Nenana to Nome?
2. according to the world health organization, what are the top three causes of death on the African continent?
3. It wasn't quite a "Public" execution In 2001, but it was close. Nearly 100 people were there for it live, and another 300 watched it via closed-circuit TV. It was the first Federal execution since 1963. Who was put to death ?
4. Which city is farther south, London or Paris ?
5. According to The Food Lover's Companion what are Holland's two most exported cheeses ?
6. The official March (music) of the USA was written on Christmas Day, 1896. Name it, and name the person who composed it.
7. Name the two future Presidents who signed the Declaration of Independence.
8. What year did the first drive-in movie open?
a. - 1930
b. - 1933
c. - 1936
d. - 1939
(Bonus- what was the price of admission ?)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The word "take" has more definitions than any other word in the english language.
1. THE IDITAROD
2. AIDS, MALARIA, and war
3. Timothy McVeigh
5. Gouda and Edam
6. Stars and Stripes Forever by John Phillip Sousa
7. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson
8. - b (25 cents per car, plus 25 cents per occupant )
"take" is fourth!
the word "set" has the greatest number of definitions in the oxford english dictionary, with 464.
"run" is next, with 396. rounding out the top ten are;
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !