Trivia 10/31 revisited
Did you know...
IF YOU NAMED YOUR CAT TIGER, YOU’RE NOT ALONE—IT’S THE MOST POPULAR CAT NAME IN THE U.S.
1. What is the foreign city most visited by Americans?
2. In cooking, what is Ghee ?
3. In the TV series The Addams Family, what's the name of Wednsday's headless doll?
4. What two land masses are separated by the Bering Strait ?
5. What town served as the backdrop for the film, The Music Man ?
6. Who's the best-known pugilist to come out of the fictional Resurrection Athletic Club ?
7. Which Liverpool club was associated with the early days of The Beatles?
8. Fill in the blanks;
Earth's water is ______% salt water, _____% frozen water, and _____% fresh water.
TRUTH OR CRAP !!
The "Ig-Noble" Prize Awards recognize relatively trivial achievements.
1. tijuana, mexico
2. CLARIFIED BUTTER
3. marie Antoinette
4. ALASKA AND SIBERIA
5. RIVER CTY, IOWA
6. ROCKY BALBOA
7. THE CAVERN CLUB
8. 97% - 2%- 1%
Since 1991, Ig Nobel Prize Awards-which are not affiliated with the Nobel Prizes-have been given to those whose work "first makes people laugh, then makes them think."
Award categories vary annually and have included Literature, Economics, Peace, Biology, Art, Nutrition and others.
The 2001 Physics award went to David Schmidt for his "partial solution to the question of why shower curtains billow inwards," the 1999 Literature award went to the British Standards Institution for its "six-page specification of the proper way to make a cup of tea".
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !