Trivia 10/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/7
DID YOU KNOW...
Countless excellent phrases, now commonly used, occur first in Shakespeare, including one fell swoop, vanish into thin air, play fast and loose, be in a pickle, foul play, tower of strength, flesh and blood, be cruel to be kind, and with bated breath.

1. What's the more formal name for the Oyster Plant ?
2. How many cards are needed for a game of Euchre ?
3. To the nearest 100, how many miles long is the san Andreas Fault ?
4. In which of the fifty does the Wabash River originate ?
5. Which Country claims Bob Hope as a Native ?
6. What year saw the first human in space ?
7. What comic actor switched to drama as the sleuthing Doctor on TV's Diagnosis, Murder ?
8. What internet search engine debuted in 1994 as "Jerry's Guide to the World-Wide Web" ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Pope Benedict XVI was a member of the Hitler Youth .

1. Salsify
2. 32
3. 600
4. Ohio
5. England
6. 1961
7. Dick Van Dyke
8. YAHOO

TRUTH !!
Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth, as membership was legally required in effect beginning March 25, 1939.
He continued required attendance with the Hitler Youth to not receive financial penalties in Seminary tuition fees. T
The financial penalty, which theoretically required documentation of attendance at Hitler Youth activities was overlooked when a sympathetic mathematics professor allowed him not to attend any meetings.
In Ratzinger's book Salt of the Earth, Ratzinger says the following " ... Thank goodness, there was a very understanding mathematics teacher. He himself was a Nazi but an honest man, who said to me, 'Just go once and get the document so that we have it' ...When he saw that I simply didn't want to, he said, 'I understand, I'll take care of it,' and so I was able to stay free of it."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom