DID YOU KNOW...
The Ruby-Throated hummingbird moves it's wings at a rate of 200 wingbeats per second.
1. Who wrote the novel Jurassic Park ?
2. Current Events;
" Wealthy Mexicans, terrified of soaring _________rates, are spending thousands of dollars to implant tiny transmitters under their skin."
3. Fill in the blank;
Anoura Fistulata, a bat recently discovered in Ecuador, is the only mammal to have a _______ measuring almost twice the animal's body length.
4. What does the Dinosaur name Raptor translate to in English ?
5. Who Am I;
I was one of the few Tin Pan Alley denizens who wrote both the music and lyrics for the songs I published. I lived to be 101 years old, and was one of the most prolific songwriters in American history, with about 1,250 published....two of my personal favorites are How Deep is the Ocean, and Puttin' On the Ritz.
6. In which James Bond novel and film would I find a villain known as "Mr. Big" ?
7. To which of the fifty must i travel to vacation on the "Outer Banks" ?
8. What 1980 movie begins with actress Elise McKenna (Jane Seymour) giving playwright Richard Collier (Christopher Reeve) an old pocket watch ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first mention of the "Ice Cream Sandwich" is in New York City in 1900.
1. MICHAEL CRICHTON
4. ROBBER (acceptable; thief)
5. IRVING BERLIN
6. live and let die
7. NORTH CAROLINA
8. somewhere in time
The ice cream sandwich was probably invented in the summer of 1900 on the Lower East Side of New York City, July 5, 1900 This story from the New York Tribune: "The ice cream sandwich man, who sells quarter-inch layers of alleged ice cream between tiny slabs of water wafers, did a big business during the hot spell and his field of operation was within the district inhabited by the Nordic enclaves, and his pushcart was elaborately decorated with signs in runic characters. He made the sandwiches quickly in a tin mold, and was kept so busy that he could not make change, but insisted on receiving the actual price for each ice cream sandwich – 1 cent."
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !