Trivia 10/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/9
DID YOU KNOW...
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT THE SUN
The Sun appears to be yellow-gold because we view it through Earth’s atmosphere. The Sun’s actual color is more white than yellow.
The Sun contains 99.9 percent of all matter in our solar system.
English astronomer James Jeans determined that if you placed a piece of the Sun’s core the size of the head of a pin on Earth, it would still generate enough heat to kill a person 84 miles away.
1. Fill in the blank;
"Most scientists believe Dr. Gauthier's theory that modern day _______ are descendants of dinosaurs".
2. Definition;
n.- A digging tool with a blade set at right angles to the handle and used in a downward motion.
3. Who was Mayberry's (Andy Griffith Show) barber ?
4. What color was Betty Grable's swimsuit in he iconic WWII Pin-up ?
5. Jefferson Davis was sworn in as President of the Confederacy on the steps of what state capital ?
6. What New York skyscraper's exterior ornamentation includes radiators caps on the 31st floor and hood ornament eagles on the 61st ?
7. What fruit comes in a Muscat and Scuppernog variety ?
8. On which Hawaiian island is Diamond Head ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The horn of an English saddle is designed to improve rider stability.
1. BIRDS
2. Mattock
3. floyd Lawson
4. WHITE
5. MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA
6. CHRYSLER BUILDING
7. GRAPES
8. OAHU
CRAP !!
Unlike the bulkier Western saddle, the English saddle has no horn.

Today I got #s 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and T or C. #8 was a guess. I knew Floyd the barber but didn't know his last name.

:)Barbara

Hoe; a long-handled implement having a thin, flat blade usually set transversely, used to break up the surface of the ground, destroy weeds, etc. 2.any of various implements of similar form, as for mixing plaster or mortar. pick·ax
thinsp.png

1.a pick, esp. a mattock.

mattock;
A digging tool with a flat blade set at right angles to the handle.

I love it when y'all dig into the questions, rather than rolling right through them..........:clap:

Back
Top Bottom