trivia 11 / 15
trivia 11 / 15
DID YOU KNOW...
It is common to hear that the mortar used to bind the stones was made from human bones or that men are buried within the Great Wall of China to make it stronger. However, the mortar was actually made from rice flour - and no bones, human or otherwise, have ever been found in any of the Great Wall's walls.
1. Which African country has it's capital at Accra ?
2. On which coast of France is St. Tropez ?
3. If France were the face of a clock, St. Trorez would be closest to which hour ?
a. - five o'clock
b. - six o'clock
c. - seven o'clock
d. - eight o'clock
4. The world's largest indoor mall, the Mall of America, is located in what Minnesota
5. Can you name the Conagra sweet popcorn treat that has a
musical instrument in its name?
6. Which of the world's islands reaches the highest elevation ?
7. Who wrote The Pickwick Papers ?
8. To which country must I travel to visit the Costa del Sol ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Chemist Helena Rubenstein was the inventor and first marketer of mascara .
3. - a
5. Fiddle Faddle
6. New Guinea
7. Charles Dickens
Mascara in one form or another has been around since the Egyptians circa 4,000 BC !
Eugene Rimmel, a French perfume magnate, was the first to commercially market
mascara in the 1830s, and his name is still the word for "mascara" in some languages.
Modern mascara was created in 1913 by a chemist named T. L. Williams for his sister,
Mabel. This early mascara was made from coal dust mixed with Vaseline Petroleum
Jelly. The product was a success with Mabel, and Williams began to sell his new product
through the mail. His company, Maybelline, a combination of his sister's name and
Vaseline, eventually became a leading cosmetics company.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !