trivia 11/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 11/28
DID YOU KNOW....
Although it is much colder on Mars than on Earth, the similar tilt of Earth's and Mars' axes means they have similar seasons. Like Earth's, Mars' north and south polar caps shrink in the summer and grow in the winter. In addition, a day on Mars is 24 hours 37 minutes - nearly the same as Earth's. No other planet shares such similar characteristics with Earth.

1. In which Steinbeck novel does one man kill a friend in order to save that friend from a more brutal end ?
2. What breed of dog is most associated with fire houses ?
3. After reading his own obituary, this literary figure wrote, "The report of my death was an exaggeration."
4. What year are we referring to when we talk about “The Summer of Love” ?
5. What Culture gave us the Alphabet, “The Mother of modern writing” ?
a. – Canaanites
b. – Etruscans
c. – Phoenicians
d. – Persians
6. What Am I??
I am a Long-range Air Force Weapons Delivery platform, a New-Wave Rock Band, and also a cocktail.....
7. ICE word (8 letters, ending in “ice”)
A soft moist mass of bread, meal, clay, or other adhesive substance, usually heated, spread on cloth, and applied to warm, moisten, or stimulate an aching or inflamed part of the body.
8. What sort of critter comes in a “Plymouth Rock” variety ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
True or False ?
In 2011, Prescription Drugs killed more Americans than auto accidents.

1. “Of Mice and Men”
2. Dalmatian
3. Mark Twain
4. 1967
5. – c
6. I’m a B-52
7. Poultice
8. a chicken
TRUTH !!More Americans now die from drug overdoses than in car accidents, according to a government report released in January, 2012.
In 2008, poisoning deaths became the number one cause of accidental deaths in the United States and the leading cause of injury or death in 30 states, according to the report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ninety percent of these poisonings were linked to drugs, with a surge in deaths from prescription painkiller overdoses reported.
The authors of the report found a 90 percent increase in poisoning deaths since 1999, while deaths from car accidents have dropped 15 percent in the same period.

I did a little worse. I got the ones in red:

1. “Of Mice and Men”
2. Dalmatian
3. Mark Twain

4. 1967 -- Rats! I didn't know but guessed 1969.
5. – c
6. I’m a B-52
7. Poultice
8. a chicken
TRUTH !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom