DID YOU KNOW...
In 1990, Americans put 6.5 percent of their disposable income into savings
accounts; by 2008, that number had dropped to 2.7 percent.
1. as of the 2010 census;
after Florida, which two states have the highest percentage of citizens 65
2. in 2009, the last year that a figure was published, what was the average
cost (to the nearest $1,000) of treatment for heart attack victims
in u.s. hospitals?
3. in 1960, about 1 in 800 married couples in the u.s. were bi-racial.
what was the ratio as of the 2010 census?
4. three of the following foods have about 350 calories. which one has only
a. a chocolate shake (10 oz)
b. a bagel with 1 1/2 oz cream cheese
c. 1 slice lemon meringue pie (1/8 of the pie)
d. 1 cup mashed potatoes
5. The French Colonies in Canada during the 17th and 18th centuries
an economy dependent primarily on what commodity ?
6. who was the famous wife of the biblical Ahab?
7. when he wasn't chasing criminals, what was the occupation of the green
8. what was the life-expectancy of a baby born in america in the year 1900?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The U.S. Marine Corps was originally a branch of the British Army.
1. Pennsylvania and West Virginia
3. 1 in 160
7. newspaper editor
The United States Marine Corps traces its institutional roots to the
Continental Marines of the American Revolutionary War, formed by Captain
Samuel Nicholas at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, by a resolution of the Second
Continental Congress on 10 November 1775, to raise 2 battalions of Marines.
That date is regarded and celebrated as the date of the Marine Corps'
"birthday". At the end of the American Revolution, both the Continental Navy
and Continental Marines were disbanded in April 1783. The institution itself
would not be resurrected until 1798. In that year, in preparation for the
Quasi-War with France, Congress created the United States Marine Corps.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !