trivia 2/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/18
DID YOU KNOW...
To do a proper place setting: large dinner fork to the left of the napkin, smaller salad fork to the left of the dinner fork, knife to the right with the cutting edge toward the plate, small spoon to the right of the knife, and soup spoon to the right of the small spoon.

1. Where on a chicken is the "Parson's Nose" ?
2. Which of the U.S. Military Academies was the first to admit Women ?
(Bonus; What year was it ?)
3. Fill in the blanks;
The Berlin Wall stood from its construction in ____ until ____ .
4. When first sold in 1936, what was the price of a box of Girl Scout Cookies ?
5. Under what name did Wild West character Martha Jane Bourke gain notoriety ?
6. What are the three types of skeletal joints in the Human Body ?
7. After the U.S.A. went undefeated in the America's Cup Races for over 100 years, what Country took the Trophy in 1983 ?
8. When Muhammad Ali returned from Boxing Exile in 1970, who was his first opponent ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Rabat is the Capital of Morocco.
1. On His Rear End
2. The Coast Guard academy (1976)
3. 1963 / 1989
4. 25 cents
5. "Calamity Jane"
6. Ball-and-Socket, Hinge, and Saddle Joints
7. Australia
8. Jerry Quarry, whom he knocked out
TRUTH !
Casablanca is Morocco's largest city and chief port, but not its Capital.

reread the original post ;

Casablanca
is Morocco's largest city and chief port, but not its Capital.
.........................that would be Rabat . I'm STILL confused .....???

Last edited:
1. On His Rear End
2. The Coast Guard academy (1976)
3. 1963 / 1989--All I knew was it was built in the '60s and torn down in the '80s.
4. 25 cents
5. "Calamity Jane"--I got this right, but I thought her name was Martha Jane Canary? I figured one of them was her married name?
6. Ball-and-Socket
, Hinge, and Saddle Joints
7. Australia
8. Jerry Quarry, whom he knocked out
TRUTH !--Yeah, I was thinking it was Casablanca, and I knew better!

:)Barbara

You are keerect, Barbara L --
Cannary is her birth name - Bourke his her married name .... which was her name when she "Gained Fame"

Last edited:
Sorry, I misread. Please excuse me. I not only misread it, I misread it every time (unless you corrected it)? Hmmmm.:ermm::wacko:

Sorry, I misread. Please excuse me. I not only misread it, I misread it every time (unless you corrected it)? Hmmmm.:ermm::wacko:

I don't have the ability to change it, and even if I could, I'd never allow you to think you were wrong when you weren't
66p.gif
66p.gif

We all do it Sally. :flowers: I know that one reason writers have other people proofread what they have written is that when we write something we tend to read it the way we meant it to be. I think the same is true when we think we see something a certain way. Then again, I have a weird thing about words lot looking right sometimes, even when I know they are. I was shopping for a birthday card for my daughter years ago, and I could have sworn that there wasn't a single card at that Hallmark store that spelled "daughter" correctly! I knew they were correct, but that day they just didn't look right and I was not able to buy one! When I went back another day they were all correct. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom