Trivia 2/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
TRIVIA 2/19
DID YOU KNOW...
All of the active volcanoes on the North, and South American Continents are located on the Pacific coast side.
1. If your gold ring is as pure gold as it can be, what carat is it ?
2. Pro golfer (1952-59) Art Wall, Jr. holds the record for career hole-in-Ones in PGA play; how many, do you think he sank ?
3. In what film would I find Humphrey Bogart portraying Charlie Allnut ?
4. What pet foods tag line is "All you add is Love" ?
5. What year was it ??
Prohibition repealed - King Kong with Fay Ray premiers - Roosevelt replaces Hoover as President - First Major League All-Star Game is played...
6. Which of Canada's ten provinces is the least populated ?
(Bonus; MOST populated ?)
7. Who Am I ??
I was an astronomer, mathematician, and economist who developed the heliocentric theory of the universe that placed the Sun, not the Earth, at the center of our solar system and helped launch a scientific revolution. Though I had first conceived of my revolutionary model decades earlier, I delayed publication because it would have caused me problems with the Church, getting me branded as a heretic, and so my book did not see print until he was on my deathbed.
8. What company produces the "Double-Bubble" brand of bubble gum ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ?? 68% of people in the U.S.A. marry their High school / College sweetheart.
1. 24 Carat
(10 carat = 10 parts of gold out of 24, 14 carat= 14 out of 24, etc.)
2. 45
3. The African Queen
4. Purina Dog Chow
5. 1933
6. Prince Edward Island (Ontario)
7. Nicolaus Copernicus
8. Fleer
CRAP !!
According to a Harris interactive survey in 2008, the number is more like 14 %.
18 % of married couples say they met at work, 14% through friends, 8 % met at a bar or club, or at a party / social gathering. Couples who met at church, on a blind date of through friends each came in at 4 %. On-line dating services, neighbors from the neighborhood, an "met in a chat-room" each came in at 2 %. 1% said they met while shopping !

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

Okay, Loprraine, I wouldn't get those binoculars out just yet.
I got number 1, number 6 with the bonus (if I didn't get that one I would be kicked out of the Country!) and the T/C. Not a good day but of course I was TWO days late for this one.

Do we have a jeopardy today? I am good with Jeopardy!

Back
Top Bottom