"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Master Chef
luckytrim's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
trivia 2/19

trivia 2/19
Bears can run up to 40 miles per hour, fast enough to catch a running horse. The fastest known human alive today is Usain Bolt, who can run 27 mph.

1. What famous lawyer was hired by her family to defend Patricia Hearst ?
a. - Johnnie Cochran
b. - Melvin Belli
c. - Robert Shapiro
d. - F. Lee Bailey
2. Which city is closest to Mumbai, India?
a. - Mecca, Saudi Arabia
b. - Manila, Philippines
c. - Moscow, Russia
d. - Madrid, Spain
3. Which former President of the United States served two terms as California's governor?
(Bonus ; what was that President’s middle name ?)
4. The Bermuda Triangle has an alternate name not based on geography. What is it?
5. A British person plays noughts and crosses. What is the game known as to Americans?
6. Of what material is the outside of the Taj Mahal mainly made?
7. Name that concoction ...
basil, olive oil, pinenuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese...
8. Name the Hannah-Barbera cartoon about a female garage band/crime fighting team;
“_____ and the _________ “
In the US, 3% of the population produces enough food for the other 97%.
1. – d
2. – a
3. Ronald Reagan (Wilson)
4. The Devil’s Triangle
5. Tic-tac-toe
6. White Marble
7. Pesto
8. Josie and the Pussycats.
Modern agriculture produces enough food for all 6.3 billion souls worldwide. With today’s successful commercial agriculture, one U.S. farmer produces enough food to feed 155 people and is the leading producer of more than 50 foods of importance to diets throughout the world.
The American farmer is the most prolific in the world.

Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.