trivia 2/26 trivia
DID YOU KNOW...
The Chinese were using the decimal system as early as the fourteenth century B.C., nearly 2,300 years before the first known use of the system in European mathematics. The Chinese were also the first to use a place for zero
1. On which continent is the European Space Agency’s launch site located ?
a. – North America
b. – South America
c. – Europe
d. – Asia
2. There are four seas on the planet named for colors.......... name them
3. How many bodyguards were assigned to protect President Lincoln on the night of the assassination ?
4.In the Catholic tradition, what color are the drapes and alter cloths used in the 40-day celebration of Lent ?
5. What’s the maximum number of digits allowed on a credit card ?
6. In which country might you find a piñata hanging from the ceiling?
7. What beetle was sacred in ancient Egypt because it always moved in an east-west direction, thus representing the sun?
8. Do you recall the name of Captain Ahab’s cabin boy ?
a. – Ned
b. – Pip
c. – Ben
d. – Tim
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The latest version of the board game, Clue comes with deadlier weapons, including a chainsaw and a shotgun.
1. – b
2. Black sea – Yellow Sea – Red Sea – White sea
3. only one (and he wasn’t at his post ........)
8. – b
The weapons were updated in 2008, and there were changes.
The number of weapons increased from six to nine.
The candlestick, rope and knife are the same. A Dumbbell, trophy and poison have been added.
The lead pipe, revolver, and wrench were removed.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !