Trivia 2/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/28

DID YOU KNOW...
In 2002, the Government of Nigeria postponed a National Election, claiming that termites had eaten the voter registration records.

1. Who was the first country artist to sell over ten million albums ?
2. Who was the only player in baseball to hit a walk-off home run in the decisive seventh game of a World Series ?
3. What does a standard gold bar at Fort Knox weigh ?
4. What was the home state of Stephen Foster, composer of "My Old Kentucky Home" and "Suwannee River" ?
5. How much was the prize won by Charles Lindbergh for making the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic ?
(BONUS; what year did it happen ?)
6. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, What's the number one-ranked potted-plant in annual sales ?
7. Whose was the first picture to appear on a metal school lunch box ?
(Bonus; what year was it ??)
8. In what Oscar-winning film did the title character have a pet named "Two Socks" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
There's a nine-foot statue in Norwich, England depicting Sir Winston Churchill in a straitjacket.
1. garth brooks
2. BILL MAZEROSKI-PIRATES (1960)
3. 27 1/2 pounds
4. pennsylvania
5. $25,000 (1927)
6. poinsettias
7. HOPALONG CASSIDY (1950)
8. DANCES WITH WOLVES
TRUTH !!
The statue was commissioned by a mental health charity. It's officials explained the hulking image of Churchill- who suffered severe bouts of clinical depression- was intended to "portray a more positive image of people with mental illness."

Well...I got the last one right! And I got truth or crap. LOL. I need to have some coffee before I try these on for size.

yeah, i stunk it up today too. i missed #'s 1, 2, 6, 7, and crap.

termites have eaten my brain.

Back
Top Bottom