trivia 2/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/3
DID YOU KNOW...
Place names associated with the holiday season include North Pole, Alaska (population 2,226 in 2009); Santa Claus, Ind. (2,303); Santa Claus, Ga. (247); Noel, Mo. (1,615); and — if you know about reindeer — the village of Rudolph, Wis. (418) and Dasher, Ga. (821). There is Snowflake, Ariz. (5,686) and a dozen places named Holly, including Holly Springs, Miss., and Mount Holly, NJ.

1. In which European city is the International Red Cross head-quartered?
2. During which month can you see the Perseid Meteor Shower?
3. Which movie Cowboy lived on the Melody Ranch?
4. Which river did the legendary Lorelei call home?
5. Which state lies just to the south of South Dakota?
6. How often do semidiurnal events occur?
7. What's the only species of deer that grows antlers on both the male and female ?
8. Name That Product ;
The first one of these was black and made from charcoal mixed with oil.... The manufacturer was (and still is) Binney and Smith ; the year was 1903...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 1961, the Soviet Union beat the USA into space by just 23 days.
1. GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
2. AUGUST
3. GENE AUTRY
4. the Rhine
5. NEBRASKA
6. twice a day
7. Caribou
8. Crayola Crayon
TRUTH !!
On 12 April 1961, Soviet cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin was launched into orbit around the Earth on Vostok 1.
Three weeks later, on 5 May 1961, Alan Shepard became the first American in space, when he was launched on the Mercury-Redstone 3 suborbital mission, in a spacecraft named Freedom 7. Though he did not achieve orbit, unlike Gagarin he was the first person to exercise manual control over his spacecraft's attitude and retro-rocket firing.

1. GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
2. AUGUST

3. GENE AUTRY
4. the Rhine
5. NEBRASKA
6. twice a day
7. Caribou
8. Crayola Crayon
TRUTH !!

6 1/2. :LOL:

1. GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
2. AUGUST
3. GENE AUTRY
4. the Rhine
5. NEBRASKA
6. twice a day
7. Caribou
8. Crayola Crayon
TRUTH !!

I suck!

Thanks, BL. It's just not like Jeopardy where you aren't penalized for not knowing, only if you guess wrong. I refuse to Google for answers, it would be just like peeking.

At least I'm learning a lot more trivia and I can keep excelling at Jeopardy!

I love Jeopardy, but we can't see it anymore. I actually tried out for Jeopardy once when I still lived in California. It was kind of fun! They said that the average person tries out 5 times before getting on the show.

:)Barbara

...........I was a "Catcher" in a Burlesque House near Times Square.........
A Catcher is responsible for getting all of those beautiful sequined costumes back on hangers without allowing them to hit the floor...........
when the girls remove one piece of these outfits, they never drop it; they sorta dance over to the wings and pass the piece off to a Catcher who is waiting just out of sight stage right..........
I was shot down because the job was a little too risque' for television back then (Sigh!)

That would have been really hard to guess.

Nowadays, risque is mild compared to the junk out there in TV land.

Back
Top Bottom