Did you know ??
at 118 miles in length, long island in new york is the largest island in the continental united states. it's home to the long island railroad, the nation's largest commuter railroad, which has 124 stations stretching from manhattan to montauk, the island's easternmost point.
1. can you name the most famous resident of sherwood forest?
2. during WWII, what were our battleships named after?
3. what play was lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
4. simon legree was the baddie in what 19th century classic?
5. who was the leader of television's sing-along gang?
6. before starting a very successful solo career, peggy lee was the girl singer in what famous orchestra?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the wheaties brand name was submitted by a 9-year old.
1. ROBIN HOOD
3. "OUR AMERICAN COUSIN"
4. "uncle tom's cabin" (??)
5. MITCH MILLER
6. the benny goodman orchestra (??)
the name was chosen through a company-wide contest.
employees submitted such names as nutties and gold medal wheat flakes.
jane bausman, the wife of the company's export manager, submitted the winner.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !