DID YOU KNOW...
WHAT THE DICKENS?
• Charles Dickens, born on this day in 1812, was the first modern literary superstar. His popular works reached a wider audience than those of any writer before him thanks to novels like Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, Great Expectations, A Tale of Two Cities, and David Copperfield.
• Dickens combed his hair hundreds of times a day. He also constantly rearranged furniture in his home—if it wasn’t in the “correct” position, he couldn’t concentrate.
• Dickens was a devotee of mesmerism, a system of healing through hypnotism. He practiced it on his hypochondriac wife and his children, and claimed to have healed several friends and associates.
1. What's the deadliest feature of a hurricane ?
2. Can you name the only two songs that went to number one for Patsy Cline ?
3. What food item comes in an "oyster" and "chestnut" variety ?
4. Who was the leader of the brutal Khmer Rouge government ?
5. Coleoptera is the largest insect order; what's the more common name for Coleoptera ?
6. What was the Last name of the 18th century children's story compiling brothers Jacob and Wilhelm ?
7. Percy Blakeney is the title character in what 1905 adventure novel ?
8. Do you recall the name of John, robert, and Ted Kennedy's older brother ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Madagascar is the largest tropical island in the world.
2. "I FALL TO PIECES" and "she's got you"
4. POL POT
7. the scarlet pimpernel
8. JOSEPH P. KENNEDY JR.
Covering about 309,000 square miles, the largest tropical island in the world is New Guinea.
Located in the western Pacific Ocean, it is home to more species than any other island in the world.
Although it is mostly covered by tropical rain forest, it also includes swamps, alpine mountains, grasslands, savannas, and even glaciers.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !