DID YOU KNOW...
So far, James Buchanan has been America's only bachelor President.
1. How many pounds of foliage does the average adult giraffe consume daily ?
2. What does the "WD" stand for in the product WD-40 ?
3. What was celebrated with New York City's very first (1886) Ticker-Tape Parade ?
4. When it comes to trucking slang, what's a reefer ?
5. Which team enters the stadium first at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games ?
(Bonus) Which team enters last ?)
6. What was the original family name of the Corleones in the GODFATHER novel and films, before Don Vito takes the name of his home town in Sicily ?
7. What's the name of the Army base that serves as the setting for the Beetle Bailey comic strip ?
8. What national retail chain originally called it's outlets "Tote'm" stores ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, at age 74, had a $25,000 bounty put on her head by the Ku Klux Klan.
1. about 140 pounds
2. WATER DISPLACEMENT
3. the dedication of the statue of liberty
4. A REFRIGERATED TRUCK OR TRAILER
5. THE GREEK TEAM ( the host country's team)
7. CAMP SWAMPY
8. 7-ELEVEN STORES
When, in 1958, Mrs. Roosevelt planned to speak at a Tennessee workshop on civil rights, the Klan reacted by putting a bounty on her life.
Despite a warning from the FBI, she attended the session- driving there with another elderly woman and a loaded pistol on her lap.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !