trivia 3/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 3/21
DID YOU KNOW...
Former Cincinnati Reds catcher Johnny Bench was able to hold seven baseballs at a time in one hand !

1. In the Edgar Rice Burroughs original Ape-man story, Tarzan of the Apes, what was Jane Parker's country of origin ?
a. - Scotland
b. - England
c. - Ireland
d. - USA
(Bonus; Her hometown??)
2. What percent of a grape is water ?
(Bonus; what % of a raisin is water ?)
3. What 1948 Automobile had a single headlight, in the center of the car, that turned with the steering wheel ?
4. Which "State Quarter" has a guitar, trumpet, and fiddle pictured on it ?
5. Port of Spain is the Capital city of what country ?
6. What state lies on the western border of the state that borders Ohio on the west ?
7. What fictional Little League team was sponsored by "Chico's Bail Bonds"
8. Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Stan Musial share the record for most All-Star Game appearances ; How many ?
a. - 15
b. - 18
c. - 20
d. - 24
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The baby boy being christened in the baptism scene in The Godfather was the daughter of the director, Frances Ford Coppola.

OK, here goes...

1. d - no clue on the hometown
2. 90% - raisins 20%
3. the infamous padiddle
4. Tennessee?
5. Trinidad
6. Illinois
7. Gotta be Bad News Bears
8. d - 24
Truth

OK, how'd I do?

3. What 1948 Automobile had a single headlight, in the center of the car, that turned with the steering wheel ?

Are you sure it only had one headlight? I finally got curious and did a search, and the 1948 Tucker had a headlight in the center that turned with the steering wheel, but it also had two regular headlights.

Answers (this was a new mistake for me.)

1. d. (Baltimore)
2. 80 % (15%)
3. The Tucker Sedan
4. Tennessee
5. Trinidad / Tobago
6. Illinois
7. The "Bad News Bears"
8. d. - 24
TRUTH !!
The baby "Boy" was actress-director-producer Sofia Coppola. She was three weeks old when the scene was shot.

About the Tucker, I could have phrased it better, or at least not put that comma in.........

Back
Top Bottom