Trivia 3/21 - spin-offs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Did you know ??
IN SOME PARTS OF AFRICA, OSTRICHES ARE USED TO HERD SHEEP
1. not counting "archie bunker's place", which was really just a continuation of the original "all in the family", name the spin-offs (and spin-offs of spin-offs) begat by "all in the family (there were five)
2. "happy days" had four spin-offs.......... name them.
3. "mary tyler moore" had three spin-offs; name them.
4. "sanford and son" also had three spin-offs; name them.
5. going back a little farther, "the danny thomas show" had three..............what were they?
6. can you name the actress who played phyllis on the "mary tyler moore show"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
leonard nimoy and william shatner first appeared together in an episode of a spy series in 1964, two years before "star trek".
1. A.I.T.F. begat "maude", which begat "good times", and A.I.T.F. also begat "the jeffersons", which begat "checking in". A.I.T.F. also begat "gloria".
2. "joanie loves chachi", "laverne and shirley", "mork and mindy", and "out of the blue".
3. "rhoda", phyllis", and "lou grant"
4. "grady", "sanford", and "the sanford arms"
5. it spun off "the andy griffith show", which begat "gomer pyle-USMC" and "mayberry RFD"
6. cloris leachman
TRUTH !!
it was on "the man from U.N.C.L.E.".
shatner played a heroic civilian recruited for an UNCLE mission- nimoy was the villain's bumbling henchman.

a lot of the ratites (the big, flightless birds) are rather aggressive to intruders, especially predators. likewise, llamas are pretty fierce to outsiders. i've had ranching/farming pals who have used either an emu or a llama in with a flock of docile little sheep to protect the flock from roaming coyotes or dog packs.

thanks for the input!
i've heard about llamas being utilized, but the ostrich/emu thing was news to me........LT

I got:

1. Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, and Gloria (I don't remember ever hearing of Checking In).
2. Joanie Loves Chachi, and Mork and Mindy (don't know how I forgot Laverne and Shirley!)
3.Rhoda, Phyllis, and Lou Grant
5. The Andy Griffith Show (I would have gotten Gomer Pyle-USMC and Mayberry RFD, but I forgot it could be a spin-off of a spin-off!).
6. Cloris Leachman
And I got the Truth or Crap.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom