trivia 3/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 3/23
DID YOU KNOW...
A female dolphin will assist in the birth of another's baby dolphin, and if it is a difficult birth, the 'midwife' might help pull out the baby. Other dolphins, including bulls, will swim around the mother during birth to protect her.

1. What is the veterinary procedure "ovariohysterectomy" most commonly known as?
2. What is the name of the part of the piano that strikes the string to make the sound of the note when you play the key?
3. What are the three RPM speeds commonly found on a phonograph?
4. James Clavell mainly wrote novels set in which part of the world?
5. What is the name of the career criminal in 'The Simpsons'?
6. Which of the following is not a name of a capital of a country?
a. - Lisbon
b. - Maseru
c. - San Jose
d. – Barcelona
7.Which president was responsible for The Louisiana Purchase?
8. What do you do with Vegemite?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
All of Venus’ moons are named after female deities.
1. Spaying
2. the Hammer
3. 33 1/3 – 45 – 78
4. Asia
5. Snake
6. - d
7. Thomas Jefferson
8. Eat it
CRAP !!
Venus does not have any moons ! – Venus is named for the Roman Goddess of love – no moons – no moonlight !
Not very romantic, IMHO -

I got the ones in red:

DID YOU KNOW...
A female dolphin will assist in the birth of another's baby dolphin, and if it is a difficult birth, the 'midwife' might help pull out the baby. Other dolphins, including bulls, will swim around the mother during birth to protect her. --Another of the dolphin midwife's jobs is to push the baby to the surface of the water to take its first breath, while the mother takes a little time to recuperate. :cool:

1. Spaying
2. the Hammer
3. 33 1/3 – 45 – 78
4. Asia

5. Snake
6. - d --I am so irked at myself! I knew the capital of Spain is Madrid, but I went temporarily brain dead!
7. Thomas Jefferson --I knew this one too, but for some reason was thinking Monroe.

8. Eat it
CRAP !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom