trivia 3/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 3/8
DID YOU KNOW...
The little Texas town of Marfa was the location for the shooting of three major films;
Giant (1956), There Will be Blood (2008), and No Country for Old Men (2008)

1. What Am I ?
I am a small object.
Don’t drop me, but you can kick me around ; John Stalberger helped invent me as a fun way to exercise his knees ; I am woven with colorful patterns ; I am the only equipment needed to play my game ; My sport is known as footbag around the world.
2. What are the ingredients that make up the "Holy Trinity" of Cajun and Creole cuisines ?
3. Politiquiz Dept;
How were U.S. Senators chosen before the 17th Amendment to our Constitution provided for their direct election in 1913 ?
4. What year did the TV series, All in the Family debut ?
(Bonus; what year did its spin-off, The Jeffersons debut ?)
5. To which of the Fifty must I travel to attend professional golf's Masters Tournament ?
6. Who was the first man to score the "Hat Trick" of 20th-century exploration- by making it to the North Pole, the South Pole, and the summit of Mt. Everest ?
7. How many fingers are there on a Bat's wing ?
8. What is the world's fastest Racket sport ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Spuds MacKenzie, "the original party animal" featured in Bud Light TV ads, was a female.
1. I am Hackey Sack
2. Chopped onions, bell peppers, and celery
3. Members of each State legislature elected them
4.1971 (1975)
5. Georgia
6. Sir Edmund Hillary
7. Five
8. Badminton
TRUTH !!
The female Bull Terrier "Honey Tree Evil Eye" was used in the Macho beer commercials in the late 1980's..
The dog first showed up in a Bud Light Super Bowl ad.
During the height of "his" popularity, large amounts of Spuds merchandise was available, such as plush toys and t-shirts.
Shortly after Spuds' rise to fame The ads were the subject of attacks and calls for censorship by temperance-oriented groups.
In 1992, the Center for Science in the Public Interest, along with Mothers Against Drunk Driving, charged that Anheuser-Busch was pitching the dog to children. Although the Federal Trade Commission found no evidence to support that allegation, the ads were dropped.
Honey Tree Evil Eye (October 7, 1983 - May 31, 1993), died of kidney failure in North Riverside, Illinois.
Cultural references......

Cincinnati Reds third baseman Chris Sabo was given the nickname “Spuds MacKenzie” by manager Pete Rose in 1988, the year Sabo won National League Rookie of the Year honors.
The character Slurms MacKenzie (“The Original Party Worm”) from the television series Futurama is a parody of Spuds, as is Santa’s Little Helper’s stint as “Suds McDuff” on The Simpsons.
In his late-1980s anti-“sellout” anthem, “This Note’s for You” (the title of which parodies Budweiser’s “This Bud’s for You” ad campaign), Neil Young says he “ain’t singing for Spuds” in the title track. The dog also appears throughout the music video for the same song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom