Did you know…
Gertrude Levandowski underwent the longest medical operation on record. The 96-hour procedure to remove an ovarian cyst began on February 4, 1951, and ended on February 8. As a result, she lost more than half of her weight. Before the operation, she weighed 616 pounds, and she checked out at a svelte 308 pounds after.
1. how many super bowls have not been sold out?
2. where were the 1988 summer olympics held?
3. how many different color wedges are there in the "trivial pursuit" game?
4. which of the states never ratified the eighteenth amendment (prohibition) even after it went into effect in 1920?
5. what's missing from a glabrous patch of skin?
6. what animal noise- slowed down- was used to simulate the sound of the tornado in the 1996 movie, "twister"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
there are more aborigines now in australia than in the late 18th century, when europeans first colonized the continent.
1. one- the first one (30,000 empty seats-LT)
2. SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
4. rhode island (oregon??)
5. hair (sweat gland?)
6. a camel's moan (no clue!)
as of 2002, there were 460,000 aborigines- 2 % of australia's population.
in the late 18th century the estimated aboriginal popultaion was 350,000, made up of 500-600 distinct groups speaking over 200 different dialects (50 of which are now extinct).
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !