Trivia 4/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
TRIVIA 4/13
DID YOU KNOW...
About 8% of humans have an extra rib.

1. Definition (E);
n.~ 1. A person with refined taste, esp. in food and wine. 2. Archaic~ A person devoted to sensuous pleasure and refined living.
2. What is the desirable contact point on a bat, tennis racket, or golf club called ?
3. What was the first name of Tom Selleck's character on Magnum, P.I. ?
4. Who was the first female solo host of the Academy Awards ceremony ?
5. What infomercial diet/ exercise Guru penned the bestseller, Never Say Diet ?
6. In The Godfather, what's the name of the informally adopted son of Vito Corleone ?
7. Who Am I ??
I played Major League Baseball from 1963 to 1986... I'm the only player to have logged in 500 games at each of five different positions; I appeared in 18 All-Star Games at a record four different positions,,, After I retired, I had a short career as a National League Manager.
8. To which of the fifty must I travel to visit "Legoland, USA" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
When first completed, the sides of the pyramids were perfectly smooth.
1. Epicure
2. The Sweet Spot
3. Thomas
4. Whoopie Goldberg
5. Richard Simmons
6. Tom Hagen
7. Pete rose
8. California

TRUTH !!
When first constructed around 2500 BC. The pyramids were paper white and as smooth as glass, and topping the pyramid was a golden capstone that gleamed in the desert sun. It was an amazing spectacle. The pyramids somewhat stayed in this state until the Arab invasion of Egypt around AD 500. The Arab invaders stripped the pyramid of it's smooth limestone and built a huge section of Cairo. Many of the Mosques and Palaces of Cairo consist of the Ancient stones of the pyramids. Quite sad actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom