Trivia 4/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
1. what American river was the first to be described as "one mile wide, six inches deep; too thin to plow, too thick to drink"?
2. what NBA team scored 100 points or more in every regular-season game in the 81-82 season?
3. how many quills does the average adult porcupine have?
4. what do we call a premolar, from the Latin for "two points"?
5. what is the more common name for sodium bicarbonate?
6. name the roman emperor who's name translates to "little boots".
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the first commercial microwave oven was over five feet tall.
1. the platte (the Missouri?)
2. the Denver nuggets (lakers?)
3. about 30,000 (13,000?)
4. BICUSPID
5. BAKING SODA
6. CALIGULA
TRUTH !!
at 5 1/2 feet tall, it was as big as a refrigerator and weighed over 750 pounds.
the precursor to the radarange, it was manufactured in 1946 by the Raytheon company and sold for about $5,000.

what you should do is see who gets more trivia right than pass the torch to them. So if Bucky got the most right....you dont post the answers till after, then he gets the right to post other trivia questions.........whatchya think?

but, but, luckytrim is our trabek!

besides, i'm too lazy to make up trivia questions. and how many questions can certain people make up about saskatoon berries?

truth or crap: saskatoon berries are like blueberries, but harder and less flavorful.

lol, i've never actually tried them.

are manitoba strawberries like regular strawberries, but not as good also? (j/k, can't help teasing our mild mannered neighbors to the north)

Yo buckytom, while you're sniffing stuff give my saskatoon cream pie a sniff, I think the cream might be a bit off...

i think it's the baker, not the cream...:)

hey, where's ken, lord of edmonton, master of his house, king of all he surveys (in the yard) been lately?

buckytom said:
lol, come here 'bug.

tell me if you think this jersey tomato smells funny...

I ain't touchin' that thing 'til you put in down on the picnic table and walk away.

But you could help me lug this barrel of BBQ sauce out to the cooker. Gotcher white t-shirt on?

lol, hey 'bug, the canadians were right there alongside the u.s. from normandy to berlin. they were hit pretty hard on juno beach, but exacted some revenge weeks later. heck a canadian spitfire wounded rommel in his car.

ken, mohaa is a great game. i have played the p.c. version, but i went online and searched for cheats for some levels.

buckytom said:
lol, hey 'bug, the canadians were right there alongside the u.s. from normandy to berlin.

Heck, we were there before you guys!

ken, mohaa is a great game. i have played the p.c. version, but i went online and searched for cheats for some levels.

I'm at the point where I'm considering cheats for this one....the ending is dang near impossible!:angry:

buckytom said:
lol, hey 'bug, the canadians were right there alongside the u.s. from normandy to berlin. they were hit pretty hard on juno beach, but exacted some revenge weeks later. heck a canadian spitfire wounded rommel in his car.

yes, yes, I know! The Canadians also got the worst of it during the Dieppe raid (rehearsal for Normandy), if memory serves.

And let's not forget the participation of the AnZac troops in the Pacific theater.

Didn't mean no offense, Ken.

mudbug said:
yes, yes, I know! The Canadians also got the worst of it during the Dieppe raid (rehearsal for Normandy), if memory serves.

And let's not forget the participation of the AnZac troops in the Pacific theater.

Didn't mean no offense, Ken.

No worries! None taken.:)

Back
Top Bottom