trivia 4/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 4/17
DID YOU KNOW...
A female dolphin will assist in the birth of another's baby dolphin, and if it is a difficult birth, the 'midwife' might help pull out the baby. Other dolphins, including bulls, will swim around the mother during birth to protect her.

1. What is the country of origin of Waterford Crystal ?
2. Zero degrees longitude (the Prime Meridian) runs through which city in England ?
3. Which "Easy Rider" became a villainous bus-bomber in "Speed"?
4. What are Carte Noir, Kenco and Gold Blend?
5. What classic Disney movie offers the musical advice "whistle while you work"?
6. Which Australian animal's name comes from the Greek words for 'flat' and 'foot'?
7. When I am finished making my delectable vegetable potage (a thick soup), what decorative dish should I pour it into for presentation at the table?
8. There are hair follicles everywhere on the external human skin EXCEPT on what two areas ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A seventh-Grader once wrote President Ronald Reagan a letter asking for Federal funds to clean up his room, because his Mother had declared it a “Disaster Area”.
1. Ireland
2. Greenwich
3. Dennis Hopper
4. Brands of coffee
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'
6. Platypus
7. a Tureen
8. Palms and Soles
TRUTH !!
President Reagan replied personally to Andy Smith in a warm letter, suggesting that Andy “volunteer” to solve his local “disaster problem”.

I got the ones in red:

1. Ireland
2. Greenwich
3. Dennis Hopper --Argh! We saw this not too long ago and I knew the answer, but we had also seen something with Peter Fonda since then and I said the wrong one!
4. Brands of coffee --This makes more sense than my answer which was tobacco blends. :wacko:
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
6. Platypus
7. a Tureen
8. Palms and Soles
TRUTH !!

I missed number #3. I have never seen Easy Rider and am not familiear with any ofthe films he made. I knew about the dolphins. There was a special many years ago on them. :)

Back
Top Bottom