DID YOU KNOW...
At a 1999 Sotheby's auction, Michael Jackson paid $1,542,000 for Producer Michael O. Selznick's Best Picture Oscar for Gone With the Wind.
1. Which word can be part of a hearth or mean to shred ?
2. Who provides the voices for Woody and Buzz Lightyear in the animated film, Toy Story ?
3. What do we call a young herring ?
4. Which Star Wars actor is a Knight in real life ?
5. Name that Product !
A cheap-smelling men's cologne that was advertised in the early 70's by a gorgeous model exclaiming the her man wore this, or "Nothing at All"....
6. Which one of the British "New Wave" rock groups recorded Don't You Want Me (Baby) (1982) .
(Double Bonus !! what two products use this song in their ads ?)
7. What Year Is It ?
Hula Hoops are introduced - John XXIII replaces the late Pius XII - Elvis is drafted........
8. Name the three largest continents in area, 1-2-3...........
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
According to Forbes statistics for 2007, the latest year compiled, and based on the number of fatalities per 100,000 workers, Americas most dangerous profession is police / Sheriff / security officer.
2. Tom Hanks - Tim Allen
4. Sir Alec Guinness
5. English Leather
6. Human League (Chips Ahoy and Swiffer)
8. Asia, Africa, North America
Matter of fact, that profession comes in at the bottom of the top ten most dangerous professions.........
10. Police, Sheriffs, etc.
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 21.4
9. Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 22.8
8. Drivers (truckers and salespeople)
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 26.2
7. Electrical Power Line Installers and Repairers
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 29.1
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 29.4
5. Farmers and Ranchers
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 38.4
4. Iron and Steel Workers
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 45.5
3. Pilots and Flight Engineers
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 66.7
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 86.4
And the number-one most dangerous job in America;
Fishers and related workers
Deaths per 100,000 workers: 111.8
Commercial fishers work in all kinds of weather, often hundreds of miles from shore with no help readily available. Crew members risk falling on slippery decks, which can result in serious injuries or even going overboard. There are also potential hazards of malfunctioning fishing gear and becoming entangled in large nets.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !