trivia 5/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire

trivia 5/1
DID YOU KNOW...
More than 65 million men from 30 countries fought in WWI. Nearly 10 million died. The Allies (The Entente Powers) lost about 6 million soldiers. The Central Powers lost about 4 million.

1. Under President Thomas Jefferson, in 1874, six States were formed out of the “Northwest Territories”; can you name four of them ?
2. What controversial Doctor did President Richard M. Nixon dub “the most dangerous man in America” ?
3. How many times have the Olympic Games been cancelled because of war ?
a. – 2
b. – 3
c. – 4
d. – 5
4. Who Am I ?
I won American Idol in 2005, its fourth season. I went on singing, and was the first female Idol winner to be named Entertainer of the Year two years in a row by the Academy of Country Music.........
5. There have been two “First Ladies” named Abigail ...... can you pick them out ?
a.- Adams
b. – Van Buren
c. – Fillmore
d. – Monroe
6. How much does a gallon of whole milk weigh ?
a. – 2.6 pounds
b. – 4.6 pounds
c. – 6.6 pounds
d. – 8.6 pounds
7. In theatrical slang, what is “Skin Money” ?
8. What was the name of Calvin’s private eye alter-ego in the Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
While filming a scene for the TV series, CHiPS, Erik Estrada was severely injured when he lost control and crashed his motorcycle.

1. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
2. Timothy Leary
3. - d
4. I am Carrie Underwood
5. – a & c
6. – d
7. Extra pay given to performers when nudity is required onstage.
8. Tracer Bullet

TRUTH !!
In 1979, Erik Estrada was riding a motorcycle in a scene for the show CHiPs when he lost control of it. The 900-pound bike flew into the air and landed on top of Estrada. He fractured several ribs, broke both wrists, and was in the hospital for ten days. It was one of the worst on-set accidents in TV history (but Estrada ultimately recovered).

When parties who would later form the Ohio Land Company expressed an interest in buying 5 million acres of land should the territory be organized on a free basis, the Articles of Confederation Congress took note. In 1787, an ordinance based on earlier recommendations from Thomas Jefferson was enacted.

Perhaps the question could have been better formed , but it was jefferson' his recommendations............

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom