Trivia 5/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 5/14

DID YOU KNOW...
During the early 1880s, the first commercial coin-operated vending machines were introduced in London, England and dispensed post cards.
In 1888, the Thomas Adams Gum Company introduced the very first vending machines to the United States. The machines were installed on the elevated subway platforms in New York City and sold Tutti-Fruiti gum, one stick at a time.

1. What was the trade of the famous Russian, Faberge ?
2. Who am I ??
I'm the daughter of two very famous personalities; Daddy was a crooner, Mommy was a singer, actress........... I was married to a member of a famous folk/rock duet, and was briefly engaged to Dan Akroyd, with whom I co-starred in The Blues Brothers.......... this is me earlier this year........
363725089.jpg

3. Who duetted with Pavarotti on Live Like Horses ?
4. Name those of the fifty that border on the Gulf of Mexico...
5. What's the second letter of the Greek Alphabet ?
6. To which country do the famous Galapagos Islands belong ?
7. Name the author of the Foundation Trilogy....
8. Multiple Choice; Which of the following is a bona fide name of a politician's son ?
a. Edward Kennedy III
b. Richard "Dick" Cheney III
c. Al Gore III
d. Robert Dole III

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Samuel B. Morse, inventor of the telegraph, was a world-renowned painter and sculptor.
1. Goldsmith
2. Carrie Fisher
3. Elton John
4. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida
5. Beta
6. Ecuador
7. Isaac Asimov
8. c- Al Gore III
TRUTH !!
In his lifetime, Samuel B. Morse was better known as a painter than a scientist. Morse studied at Yale University, where his specialty was Ivory Carving. In 1812 he won the Gold Medal from the Adelphi Society of the Arts for his still lifes, and the following year his painting, The Dying Hercules, was shown at the Royal Academy, where it was named ninth best in the exhibition. Within ten years, Morse was internationally known as a portrait painter, and his rendering of the Marquis de Lafayette still hangs in New York's City Hall.
Morse was in his lat forties when he became interested in improving long-distance communications.

SCORING CHART .....................
zero right = F
one right = D
two right = D+
three right = C
four = B-
five = B+
six = A-
seven = A
eight = A+
T or C right is worth 1 right

eight plus the T or C gets you a teaching position !!

Back
Top Bottom