Trivia 5/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 5/22
DID YOU KNOW...
All of the entries in 2008's Kentucky Derby were descended from the Champion Native Dancer.

1. What "phobia" do I suffer from if I fear high places ?
2. Who's portrait is featured on the $100 bill ?
3. What was Amelia Earhart's greatest accomplishment ?
4. What's the American equivalent of the German Burgermeister ?
5. What was the original purpose for which the Leaning Tower of Pisa was built ?
6. According to New Testament, what two food items did St. John the Baptist survive on in the desert ?
7. Corn is the top agricultural product in North America; Not counting livestock, what is second?
8. Fill in the blanks;
According to experts the color combination with the highest visual impact is _____ on ______ .
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The modern disposable diaper was the brainchild of an editor of Harper's bazaar.
1. Acrophobia
2. Benjamin Franklin
3. First woman to fly solo over the Atlantic Ocean
4. Mayor
5. Bell Tower
6. Honey and Locusts
7. Soybeans (wheat is 3rd)
8. Black on Yellow
TRUTH !!
Harper's Bazaar editor Marion Donovan, a working mom, tired of the rigueur of washing the cloth variations, ripped a portion of old shower curtain and made the first plastic, disposable diaper, which she called the "Boater". She was granted four patents for her invention, including the use of plastic snaps as opposed to safety pins

I didn't do too horribly this time. I got #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and T or C. I figured the 2nd crop after corn was wheat, but I know that a lot of people around here grow soybeans, so that makes sense.

:)Barbara

Yeh! I finally got more than 3 correct.
#s 1, 2, 3, 7.

#7 had to be for me. After driving from NJ to S. Dakota some years ago, my ex. said he never wanted to see another soybean as long as he lived. He's a city boy. I loved it.

Oh, and thanks again, for the Q & A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom