should have used this one yesterday !!
Did you know...
born on this date (may 24) in 1941
By 1965 Bob Dylan had become fed up with the music business, so he hid away in a cabin in Woodstock, New York. Lacking inspiration, Dylan started writing prose and ended up with a 20-page story. He edited it down to a song that he called “Like a Rolling Stone.” Impressed with his creation, Dylan came out of hiding to record it. Result: It was the first single from his seminal album Highway 61 Revisited and began the second chapter of his career. Not only was it Dylan’s first top ten hit, peaking at number two, but it was also the first song over six minutes long to be on Billboard’s Top 40 list.
TRUTH OR CRAP, ALL THE WAY
1. Elvis Presley had over 100 singles that charted in the top forty...
2. regulations allow postal workers to carry firearms to protect themselves from hostile dogs.
3. In the NHL entry drafts, no hockey player born in the USA has ever been chosen in the first round.
4. A Blue whale weighs more (out of water) than the largest dinosaurs that ever lived.
5. the lines, "I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul" are from a poem by Longfellow.
6.According to the Playboy Bar Guide, sugar is one of the ingredients in a Bloody Mary.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The inventor of Jell-O sold the rights for $450 when the idea flopped...
A carpenter named Pearle Wait invented Jell-O by adding fruit flavor to gelatin. His wife came up with the name Jell-O, and Wait started selling the product door-to-door. After failing to find anyone who would buy it, Wait sold the rights to his next door neighbor, Orator Francis Woodward, in 1899.
Woodward hired a stylish sales force and advertised heavily. Within four years, Woodward was a millionaire.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !