DID YOU KNOW...
LEV BRONSTEIN STOLE HIS JAILER’S PASSPORT AND WAS THEREAFTER
KNOWN AS LEON TROTSKY.
1. The motto of what U.S. territory is “Where America’s Day Begins” ?
a. – Northern Marianas
b. – American Samoa
c. – Guam
d. – Puerto Rico
2. How many feet on each side of the U.S. – Canadian border are required by law to be free of trees, brush, and other obstructions to visibility ?
3. What city has lent its name to breeds of long-haired cats, dogs, and rabbits ?
4. Fill in the Blank (same word in both blanks) ;
Collinsville , Illinois bills itself as the ___________ capital of the world, and rightly so; they produce 60 % of the world’s ___________.
a. – Lima Bean(s)
b. – Horseradish
c. – Popcorn
d. – Houseboat(s)
5. Who was the only U.S. President to be unaffiliated with a political party ?
6. How many U.S. flags have been planted on the lunar surface by our Astronauts ?
7. Name the U.S. Nuclear power plant that came close to melt-down in 1985.
8. In the novel, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, what ice-choked river does the slave Eliza flee with her son Harry ?
a. - the Ohio River
b. – the Mississippi river
c. – the Wabash river
d. – the Tennessee river
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first recorded student protest in U.S. history was over sour butter.
1. – c
2. 10 feet on each side
3. Ankara , Turkey, which was known as Angora before 1930
4. – b
5. George Washington
7. Three-Mile Island, pa.
8. – a
Sour butter served in Harvard University’s dining room in 1766 set off the protest, known as the great butter rebellion. The protest resulted in the suspension of half the student body and lasted a month.
The protest leader, Asa Dunbar, would be the grandfather of Henry David Thoreau.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !