GEOGRAPHY LESSON: ROUGHLY A THIRD OF AMERICANS LIVE WITHIN
FIVE MILES OF A LAKE.
Did you know…
WATER CAN FLOW THROUGH A PLANT AT 4 MPH, A LITTLE FASTER THAN
THE AVERAGE PERSON WALKS
1. What is the name of the former African Gold coast?
2. What's the name of the pet goldfish in the comic strip, "Ziggy"?
3. What was the original name of the J.C. Penny chain?
4. What sign-off line did Jeff Smith use at the end of each "Frugal Gourmet" episode?
5.Which Presidential campaign used the slogan, "Tippecanoe and Tyler too ! " 6. Can you name the Amusement park that had it's beginnings as a picnic grove for employees of a near-by candy factory?
7. NATO's headquarters is located in which European city?
8. What metal is the main ingredient in the manufacture of pewter?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The roots of tap dancing can be found in "juba", a lively dance accompanied by hand-
clapping, developed by African slaves on American plantations.
3. GOLDEN RULE STORES
4. "I BID YOU PEACE"
5. William henry Harrison
6. HERSHEY PARK
A juba dancer slapped his thighs when performing the dance, which also featured
vigorous stomping and clicking of the heels.
The dance evolved, in the mid-to-late 1800's into what we know as "Tap".
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !