DID YOU KNOW...
During the Alaskan Klondike gold rush, (1897-1898) potatoes were worth their weight in gold. Potatoes were so valued for their vitamin C content that miners at the digging / panning sites traded gold for potatoes, pound - for - pound.
1. what percentage of the earth's fresh water is contained in the Antarctic
2. which famous fictional bruin had an aunt Lucy?
3. which famous fictional bad boy had an aunt Polly?
4. what's the other name for a tennis score of 40-40?
5. what is the nick-name of the u.s.s. Missouri?
6. what early western tv series was hosted by "the old ranger"?
7. In which ocean would I find the "Java Trench" ?
a. - Pacific
b. - Indian
c. - South China Sea
d. - Southern Ocean
8. Which TV series centered on Townsend Investigations ?
a. - Charlie's Angels
b. - Moonlighting
c. - 77 Sunset Strip
d. - Barney Miller
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A "Pikelet" is similar to a Crumpet.
1. approx. 70 % (65 - 75 is the range for a correct answer)
2. PADDINGTON BEAR
3. TOM SAWYER
5. MIGHTY MO
6. death valley days
7. - b
8. - a
TRUTH !!Both are British-style teacakes, similar to our English Muffin, and often served at high tea.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !