DID YOU KNOW...
Atlanta Braves slugger- and frequent Mets nemesis Chipper Jones named a son Shea after the first home stadium of the NY Mets,because of his hot hitting in that park. Another non-Met, former Cincinnati Reds star Barry Larkin named his oldest daughter Brielle D'Shea in honor of the stadium.
1. do you "remember" the name of the u.s.a.'s first battleship?
2. What was the name of the train that ill-fated Engineer Casey Jones was operating when it crashed ?
3. For whom was Georgetown - upscale Washington, D.C., neighborhood - named ?
4. When it comes to traffic control, what is a sharrow ?
5. Name five of the Magnificent Seven Title Character actors...
6. do you recall the name of the actor who played wagonmaster Seth Adams on
TV's "wagon train" series?
7. under what name did Malcolm Little gain national recognition?
8. who hosted the tonight show before Jack Parr took over?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
federal express was so named because it's founder hoped the company name
would help him win a contract with the federal reserve bank.
1. USS Maine
2. the Cannonball Express
3. King George II
4. A stenciled marking on roadways; The term Sharrow stands for SHared lane Arrow, or SHared use ARROW.
5. CHARLES BRONSON, YUL BRYNNER, JAMES COBURN, STEVE McQUEEN,
ROBERT VAUGHN, brad dexter and horst bucholz
6. WARD BOND
7. MALCOLM X
8. STEVE ALLEN
Yale grad Frederick W. Smith, who had outlined the revolutionary idea of
overnight package delivery in a college term paper, was hoping for the
contract with the Federal Reserve Bank. Although he did not win the
contract, he did find financial backers and went ahead to build the company
into a world-famous leader in the delivery service business.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !