DID YOU KNOW...
About 1 in 5,000 north Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue.
(Remember Blue Oyster Cult ? It's where they took their name)
The largest recorded lobster, caught off the coast of Nova Scotia in 1934, weighed 44.4 pounds and was at least 100 years old, according to scientists.
1. Man o' War, famous race horse of the 1920's, was defeated only once in a
career of twenty starts by a horse named............ what?
2. can you recite the poetic "sailor's rule of thumb"? (hint; it's just four lines)
3. what date marks the beginning of the astrological calendar?
4. do you recall mark twain's real name?
5. what year was the first Indianapolis 500 race?
6. Steve Allen's wife was actress............... who?
7. what was the name of the farm on which the animals overthrow the farmer ?
(Orwell's Animal Farm)?
8. the Congo river flows into what body of water?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Lawman and Wild West Icon Wyatt Earp died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound in California in 1908.
2. RED SKY IN THE MORNING,
SAILOR TAKE WARNING;
RED SKY AT NIGHT,
SAILOR'S DELIGHT !
3. march 21
4. SAMUEL CLEMENS
6. JAYNE MEADOWS
7. MANOR FARM
8. THE ATLANTIC
Wyatt Earp died at home in the Earps' small apartment at 4004 W 17th Street, in Los Angeles, of chronic cystitis (some sources cite prostate cancer) on January 13, 1929 at the age of 80. Western actors William S. Hart and Tom Mix were pallbearers at his funeral.
BTW -Earp lived in Hollywood for a time, where he met several famous and soon to be famous actors on the sets of various movies. On the set of one movie, he met a young extra and prop man who would eventually become John Wayne. Wayne later told Hugh O'Brian that he based his image of the Western lawman on his conversations with Earp.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !