DID YOU KNOW...
A New Woman's Day and AOL Living poll found that 72% of women surveyed have seriously considered leaving their husbands at some point
1. Since the death penalty’s re-instatement in 1976, there have been about 1,250 executions in the USA ;
What percentage of those were in Texas ?
2. Can you name the songwriter / artist who wrote, recorded and popularized The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....) ?
3. Who was the first woman to be named “Sportsperson of the Year” by Sports Illustrated magazine ?
(hint; the year was 1972, after She became the first woman to earn more than $100,000 in a single season)
4. During the infamous 1692 Salem Witch Trials, how many women were hung as witches before sanity prevailed ?
(Bonus; How many animals were also hung, as accomplices to the witches ?)
a. – 5
b. – 10
c. – 15
d. – 20
( Bonus ; 2 – both of which were dogs)
5. This year will mark (on September 5) the first day of 5774 on the Jewish calendar...... What event is believed to have occurred on the first day of year one on that calendar ?
6. At this point in time, what is the average age of a first-time grandparent in the USA ?
a. – 42
b. – 47
c. – 52
d. – 57
7. The 1867 acquisition of Alaska for the sum of $7.2 million passed in the Senate by how many votes ?
a. – 1
b. – 3
c. – 5
d. – 7
8. What NFL team was the first to paint a team emblem on their helmets ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
All eight of the “Ivy League” schools were founded before the American revolution.
1. 40 %
2. Mel Torme, in 1945
3. Billie jean King
4. – d (2)
5. The creation of Adam and Eve, on the sixth day of creation, determined by Jewish Biblical scholars to have happened on October 7, 3731 B.C.E.
6. – b
7. – a
8. L.A. Rams, in 1948
......But seven of the eight were !
Only Cornell University was founded after , in 1865.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !