Did you know...
Only about 100,000 tons of gold have been mined during all of recorded history. And it all gets recycled. Jewelry purchased today may contain gold mined in prehistoric times.
1. How many of the nine rooms depicted on the "CLUE" board game can you name ?
2. In the horror-film spoof, "Young Frankenstein", what was the song performed in top hat & tails by the doctor and the monster ?
3. What country's monarchs financed Christopher Columbus for his daring voyage east to find a water route to the Orient ?
4. In military-speak, what is an HVT ?
5. What famous fictional girl detective had a pet dog named Togo ?
6. Who's the only person to win both an Academy Award and a Nobel Prize ?
7. According to the 2003 edition of the Merriam-Webster dictionary, what word's definition is; "a low-paying job that requires little or no skill and provides little opportunity for advancement" ?
(Hint; McDonalds Corp. sued [unsuccessfully] to have the word removed)
8. How many of the Rolling Stones' many recordings featured bassist Bill Wyman on lead vocal ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons", came up with the names Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie from his own family.
1. HALL, lounge, DINING ROOM, KITCHEN, BALLROOM, conservatory, BILLIARD ROOM, LIBRARY, and study
2. "PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ"
4. "high value target"
5. nancy drew
6. george bernard shaw
Homer and Marge (Margaret) are his parents' names; Lisa and Maggie are his younger sisters.
Reluctant to name a character after himself, he dubbed the Simpsons' son "Bart", an anagram for "Brat", which just happens to rhyme with "Matt".
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !