trivia 7/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/20
DID YOU KNOW...
One ton of grapes makes about 60 cases of wine, or 720 bottles. One bottle of wine contains about 2.8 pounds of grapes.

1. Which board game for two players involves army officers and men attempting to capture the enemy's flag in order to win the game?
2. Which Geologic era means “middle”?
a. - Jurassic
b. - Paleozoic
c. - Mesozoic
d. - Cenozoic
3. Who created the ideology of Fascism as it came to be known?
a. - Benito Mussolini
b. - Dietrich Eckhart
c. - Adolf Hitler
d. - Francisco Franco
4. What is the phonetic alphabet word for letter F ?
5. What type of birds (Hugin & Munin) sit on the shoulders of Odin?
6. Albert De Salvo was better known as who?
7. Traditionally, what should you give after 15 years of marriage?
8. What 70’s pop group took their name from a Herman Hess novel?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
All spiders are venomous and are predators .
1. Stratego
2. - c
3. – a
4. Foxtrot
5. Ravens
6. the Boston Strangler
7. Crystal
8. Steppenwolf
CRAP !!
............... but just barely ! So, in the spirit of good gamesmanship, BOTH answers are correct, today only !

With the exception of one family, all spiders are venomous. The spider family Uloboridae is the exception to this rule; its members do not possess venom glands.
All spiders are predators.
Spiders hunt and capture prey. The majority feed on other insects and other invertebrates, but some of the largest spiders may prey on vertebrates such as birds. The true spiders of the order Araneae comprise the largest group of carnivorous animals on Earth.

I got the ones in red:

1. Stratego
2. - c
3. – a

4. Foxtrot
5. Ravens
6. the Boston Strangler
7. Crystal
8. Steppenwolf
CRAP !! -- Ok, I'll admit it. I only got this one right because you counted both!
............... but just barely ! So, in the spirit of good gamesmanship, BOTH answers are correct, today only !

i missed #'s 6 and 7.

the crap was a bad question. i knew all spiders were predators, but there are three families of non-venemous spiders. (i read all about it to my boy for a project last year about venom).
plus, not all species of spiders in the world have been discovered, yet.

can anyone name 2 types of venom?

One gets into the nervous system and one prevents blood clotting, I dont know the actual names for them though

ding ding ding ding ding!

neurotoxins and hemotoxins, respectively.

again, from reading kiddie books on snakes and spiders.

Last edited:
Yes...I have heard of neurotoxins for sure...maybe not the other one...but yes, I knew what the venom did...scary stuff really!

i missed #'s 6 and 7.

the crap was a bad question. i knew all spiders were predators, but there are three families of non-venemous spiders. (i read all about it to my boy for a project last year about venom).
plus, not all species of spiders in the world have been discovered, yet.

can anyone name 2 types of venom?

..........matter of fact, all spiders are not predators.......... just discovered that fact this morning, while searching for your other two non-venomous spiders.
A herbivorous species, Bagheera kiplingi, was described in 2008.

So Buckster ; what are those other two non-venomous spiders ?
Inquiring minds want to know..............

As for the "undiscovered" comment; do I now have to insert "Not counting undiscovered species" in my animal questions ?
Gimme a Break !!

Last edited:
lol, sorry.

i'll have to go find the books. we bought a bunch of them on spiders an snakes last year, but they were probably pre-2008.

Back
Top Bottom