DID YOU KNOW...
An estimated 16 million Americans have pre-diabetes, and many of them are unaware of their condition.
1. About half the population of what Pacific island has the surname, “Christian” ?
2. At what Southern university was Gatorade invented in 1965 ?
3. Jerry Rice holds the all-time receiving record in the NFL, at 22,895 yards, almost 7,000 yards more than the second-place receiver ; who is that second-place holder ?
a. – Randy Moss
b. – Chris Carter
c. - Terrell Owens
d. – Isaac Bruce
4. What famous Artist sold only one painting, The Red Vineyard, during his lifetime ?
5. In the book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, as well as in the 2005 movie version, what animals dispose of Veruca Salt ?
6. When Bob Dylan “went Electric” with his guitar playing at a 1965 annual venue and was roundly booed by the audience, what was the event ?
7. What’s the name for the chemical and electrical connections formed at the gaps between nerve cells ?
(Hint; begins with “s”)
8. Leon Czolgosz is the only Presidential assassin (He shot McKinley) to die in the electric chair for his crime;
How much time elapsed between the shooting and the electrocution ?
a. – less than two months
b. – less than four months
c. –less than six months
d. – less than eight months
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Solomon Islands are named after explorer / slave trader Solomon Grundy.
1. Pitcairn Island
2. University of Florida (hence, “Gators”)
3. - c
4. Van Gogh
6. Newport Folk Festival
8. - a
They were discovered and named by the Spanish navigator Alvaro de Mendana in 1568.
When he first saw them, he hoped they were the legendary islands (with gold mines) of King Solomon, thus, the name.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !