Trivia 7/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/3
DID YOU KNOW...
Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, the man who designed the Eiffel Tower, also designed the interior structure of the Statueof Liberty.

1. Who was the Canadian singer who graced the very first cover of Entertainment Weekly .
2. What movie is divided into chapters bearing title cards that include "The Gold Watch" and "The Bonnie situation" ?
3. Name the body organ where you'll find the duodenum, the jejunum, and the ileum.
4. Which American College football team has the largest home
stadium ?
(Bonus; Second Largest?)
5. What's North America's largest rodent ?
6. Which two of the fifty salute the Wright Brothers on their license plates?
7. Who was the oldest person to be named People magazine's "Sexiest Man of the Year" (Hint; the year was 1989, and he was 59).
8. What modern-day conglomerate built the Zero fighter planes that were used in the attack on Pearl Harbor ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In golf, the slope of the green is called the "grain".
1. k.d.lang
2. PULP FICTION
3. the small intestine
4. MICHIGAN (penn state)
5. BEAVER
6. ohio & NORTH CAROLINA
7. SEAN CONNERY
8. mitsubishi
CRAP !!
"Grain" refers to the direction of the green's grassy growth, which can affect the roll of the ball.
The slope, another factor affecting one's shot, is called the "Break".

Wow, you're early today, l.t.
I almost was going to wait til later so I had it to look forward to. But curiousity, ya know.​

#1 I said Ann Murray (boy am I old)
#3 okay
#5, & 6 okay.
#8 :mad: Didn't VW participate against the allies also?

Have a good day, l.t.
And thanks.​

#8 :mad: Didn't VW participate against the allies also?

Yes, but they didn't build the "Zero", as the question asks...........

An undisclosed number of forced laborers worked at Volkswagenwerk GmbH in Wolfsburg during those years, as the German war machine fought to stave off imminent defeat at the hands of the Allied powers. Many German companies have belatedly acknowledged their complicity in the Nazi war effort.

I'll be early all next week...... not working; on vacation, so every day is the weekend

I didn't do too well today! I said intestine for #3 but didn't think to specify small. I got #s 5, 6, and 7, and that's all. Yikes!

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom