Trivia 7/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/4

DID YOU KNOW...
ONLY TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY SIGNED THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE ON JULY 4.

1. How many fiddlers did Old King Cole have ?
2. Hysteria was a hit album for what band ?
3. Which drug is Alexander fleming famous for discovering ?
4. Which British comic, who died in 1982, created the characters Fred Scuttle and Professor Marvel ?
5. Which Puccini opera has an insect in it's title ?
6. In which city was the very first daily newspaper in the Americas published ?
7. What is the Alternate title to Mary Shelly's Frankenstein ?
8. What am I ?
The white fur of this animal is historically worn by and associated with royalty and nobility, and is nowadays used for the bordering of judges' robes in France and the UK.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Actress Hedy Lamarr was the first actress to appear completely nude in the 1932 film, Ecstasy.
1. THREE
2. def leopard
3. PENNICILLAN
4. BENNY HILL
5. MADAME BUTTERFLY
6. boston
7. A MODERN PROMETHEUS
8. ermine
CRAP !!
Although Ms. Lamarr is sometimes mistakenly credited for being the nudity pioneer for her work in that film, the truth is that the first actress to appear completely nude was Audry Munson in Inspiration (1915) in which she models for a sculptor. The next year, Ms. Munson followed with another nude appearance, in Purity.

Everybody have a safe and happy Fourth--- My third Burger of the day will be for y'all.
LT

PATRIOTIC TRIVIA
• At the time of the American Revolution there were about 2.5 million people living in the colonies. (Today the population of the United States is about 300 million.)
• In 2004, $5.2 million worth of American flags and $172 million of fireworks were sold in the United States: 92 percent of the flags and 95 percent of the fireworks were made in China.
• Looking for a place to spend the day? Try Independence, Missouri; Freedom, California; or Patriot, Indiana.

Happy 4th, lt.
#3, 4, & CRAP okay.

(I went to H.D. to but a flag after Dessert Storm
I walked out. The flags were made in Pakistan!)

(Liberty, Washington, & Jefferson, N.J.)

Enjoy your day, and thanks.

i missed 3, 7, and 8 today.

i'm sure middie got #2. :)

in #6, there was a picture of a naked "nomah" on page 6, and an op-ed about manny being manny. :cool:

I got #s 1, 3, 4, 5, and 8. I had a 50/50 chance of getting T or C but guessed the wrong way.

I lived in Independence, Missouri for a year (age 9-10).

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom