trivia 7/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/5
DID YOU KNOW...
Fortune cookies were invented in 1916 by George Jung, a Los Angeles noodle maker.

1. What sort of critter comes in a "Suki" variety ??
2. what part of the plant is called the calyx?
3. how many men are under the duke of York's command in the nursery rhyme?
4. what's the common french term whose literal meaning is "false step"?
5. what year did the first pandas arrive in the u.s.?
a. - 1953
b. - 1963
c. - 1973
6. in which food product's processing would you find the term "noble rot"?
7. can you name the two members of the Beatles who left the group, or were fired, before they gained international fame?
8. which famous country artist was a member of the beach boys for a short
time?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The American Civil War saw the first extensive Photography on battlefields.

1. Dog
2. the outer leaves that surround the unopened flower
3. TEN THOUSAND
4. FAUX PAS (FOE PAW)
5. 1973
6. MAKING WINE
5. PETE BEST, STU SUTCLIFF
6. GLEN CAMPBELL
CRAP !!
In 1855, British Photographer Roger Fenton went to the Crimean War on assignment for the publisher Thomas Agnew to photograph the troops, with a photographic assistant (Marcus Sparling) and a servant and a large van of equipment.
Despite high temperatures, breaking several ribs, and suffering from cholera, he managed to make over 350 usable large format negatives. An exhibition of 312 prints was soon on show in London. Sales were not as good as expected, possibly because the war had ended.
Fenton was sent to the Crimean War as the first official war photographer at the insistence of Prince Albert. The photographs produced were to be used to offset the general aversion of the British people to an unpopular war, and to counteract the antiwar reporting of The Times. The photographs were to be converted into woodblocks and published in the less critical Illustrated London News, published in book form and displayed in a gallery. Fenton avoided making pictures of dead, injured or mutilated soldiers.

Source;
Roger Fenton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did so-so today. I got the ones in red.

1. Dog
2. the outer leaves that surround the unopened flower
3. TEN THOUSAND
4. FAUX PAS (FOE PAW)
5. 1973
6. MAKING WINE

5. PETE BEST, STU SUTCLIFF--I knew the first one but it didn't come to me. Never heard of Stu.
6. GLEN CAMPBELL--Read the sad news the other day that he is now suffering from Alzheimer's. Still performing, but forgets lyrics, etc.
CRAP !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom