DID YOU KNOW...
The parking meter was invented in 1935 by Carl C. Magee in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The first meter was installed there later that year.
1. Which new battle formation drastically changed combat from one-to-one fighting to organized formations?
a. - trireme
b. - cuirass
c. - megaron
d. - phalanx
2. In 1815, before news of the Treaty of Ghent reached America, a battle was fought between a hodgepodge army of 4000 men led by Andrew Jackson and 8,000 British soldiers. In what city was this battle fought?
3. What is a cat commonly called when it has extra digits on its paws?
4. "If You Leave Me Now" was sung by what American band?
5. In ancient Greek Myth, which of the following is traditionally considered to be Hestia's domain?
a. - The Hearth
b. – The House
c. - Childbirth
d. – Marriage
6. In the Bible, who was the firstborn of Jacob ?
a. - Dan
b. - Benjamin
c. - Gad
d. – Reuben
7. President Clinton and his family had a pet cat ;
What was its name ?
8. What are Remigio Pereira, Victor Micallef, Fraser Walters and Clifton Murray better known as?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The famous “Hollywood” sign originally read, “Hollywoodland”.
1. – d
2. New Orleans
5. – a
6. – d
8. The Canadian Tenors
The original 1923 sign “Hollywoodland” was built to advertise a housing development of the same name.
The sign was neglected and nearly collapsed during the depression years of the 1930’s , but in the 1940’s
the “land” portion was removed and the sign was restored as a tourist attraction.
...Another successful Hollywood Face-lift !
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !