DID YOU KNOW...
No wonder she changed it ! Doris Day's birth name is Doris Von Kapplelhoff.
1. Is kinkajou an animal, vegetable, or mineral ?
2. What high Sierra pass is named for the Illinois farmer who, with his family and fellow travelers, was trapped there in an 1846 blizzard ?
3. Who killed Uncle Tom ?
4. Who's the only U.S. President since WWII never to have been named Time's Man of the Year ?
5. What mythological creature was the long-time mascot of Mobil gas ?
6. What's the more common term for your patella ?
n.~ 1. The ability to discern the true nature of a situation. 2. An elucidating glimpse.
8. What body of water separates the Baja Peninsula from Mexico proper ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The number of suicides at San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge went over 1,200 during 2005.
2. DONNER PASS
3. simon legree (and his overseers)
4. gerald ford
8. GULF OF CALIFORNIA
.................and new suicides were averaging one every two weeks. There were 34 bridge jump suicides in 2006 whose bodies were recovered, in addition to four jumps which were witnessed but whose bodies were never recovered, and several bodies recovered suspected to be from bridge jumps. The California Highway Patrol removed 70 apparently suicidal people from the bridge that year. Currently, it is said that a person jumps off the Golden Gate Bridge every 15 days. An additional 200 may be added to the suicide count on the bridge, due to fog, night time jumpers and other jumps which couldn't be counted.
The deck of the bridge is approximately 260 feet (79 m) above the water. After a fall of approximately four seconds jumpers hit the water at some 88 miles per hour (142 km/h), which is nearly always fatal. Most of those who survive the impact die in the cold water.
Only 32 jumpers are known to have survived the fall.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !