"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Master Chef
luckytrim's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
trivia 8/23

trivia 8/23
Wine facilitated contacts between ancient cultures, providing the motive and means of trade. For example, the Greeks traded wine for precious metals, and the Romans traded wine for slaves.

1. which mountain range is home to the world's highest volcano?
2. which city is home to tv's "mr. rogers"?
3. can you name the last horse to win the triple crown?
4. how many violins are included in a string quartet?
5. what was the occupation of the man for whom leotards are named?
6. which continent includes the straight of magellan?
7. Definition "L"
n. ~ an awkward, stupid person: oaf.
8. Which is farther west ; Tallahassee, Fla. or Atlanta, Ga. ?
Nearly 70 % of an Iceberg is underwater, leaving about 30 % visible at the surface.
3. affirmed
4. TWO
5. tightrope walker
7. Lout
8. Tallahassee
The percentage is closer to 90% of the berg below the surface.

Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.