DID YOU KNOW...
The Revenue Marine Service, established in 1790 by Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton, later became the Revenue Cutter Service and then, in 1915, merged with the U.S. Lifesaving Service (formed in 1878) to become the U.S. Coast Guard
1. What animal is responsible for the most human deaths annually worldwide?
2. How much salt in the average gallon of salt water?
3. Which U.S. founding father invented the dumbwaiter?
4. What year did the first mandatory seat belt law go into effect?
a. - 1978
b. - 1980
c. - 1982
d. - 1984
5. What are the only mobile National Monuments?
6. If a fact is too obscure to even be called "trivia", what is it called?
7. What animal has the largest brain in relation to it's size?
a. - the Humpback Whale
b. - the Ant
c. - the Hippo
d. - the Honeybee
8. What 70's sit-com staple's first episode was titled, "Getting up the Rent"?
a. - Three's Company
b. - Good Times
c. - Bosom Buddies
d. - Too Close For Comfort
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The modern mercury thermometer was invented by a man named Fahrenheit.
1. THE MOSQUITO
2. about one-half pound
3. THOMAS JEFFERSON
4. - d
5. SAN FRANCISCO CABLE CARS
7. - b
8. - b
Though the original idea is credited to Galileo, the modern, sealed, mercury thermometer
was invented by German physicist Gabriel Fahrenheit. He also proposed the first
temperature scale, widely accepted, which bears his name.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !