Trivia 8/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Trivia 8/29
Did you know...
EVERY YEAR, THE MOON MOVES AN INCH AND A HALF FARTHER FROM EARTH.
1. What are the first names of the original JACKSON FIVE?
2. Name the Amazonian starlet who was the first "Catwoman" on the 60's BATMAN (Adam West)TV series.
(Bonus- Who was the LAST one to play the role on that series?)
3. What's the name of the castle that houses HE-MAN and his MASTERS of the UNIVERSE?
4. Who's the famous father of film beauty Liv Tyler, of Stealing Beauty and Armageddon fame.
(Hint; she inherited his lips.)
5. What fast-food outlet features the Papaburger, Mamaburger, and Teenburger?
6. What year did director Chris Noonan give us BABE, the best-picture nominee about a piglet?
7. What was the name of the wise and gentle king of Elephant land, who was a regular in the Sunday Comics section along with his bride, Queen Celeste?
8. What's the span of years that comprise the birth of the "Baby Boomers"?
TRUTH OR CRAP??
"Irish Coffee" was first served in San Francisco in the 1950s.
1. jackie, TITO, JERMAINE, marlon, MICHAEL
2. julie newmar (EARTHA KITT)
3. GREYSKULL
4. STEVEN TYLER OF AEROSMITH
5. A&W
6. 1995
7. babar
8. 1943-1960
CRAP!!
Irish Coffee was first made in Ireland by a bartender named Joe Sheridan in the early forties. It became a big hit and was named Ireland's official drink in 1947.
During the early 1950's, a San Francisco Chronicle journalist named Stan Delaplane brought the recipe from Ireland to San Francisco's Buena Vista Caf'e, where it quickly became one of the city's signature drinks.
Irish Coffee is usually served in long-stemmed glass mugs and is made with cream, hot coffee, and Irish whiskey.

i missed #'s 5 and 7 today, and disagree with the range for baby boomers.

i'd always heard it to be from '46 to '64, but there's a lot of interpretations.

and the irish have been drinkin' whiskey in things like coffe and tea, with cream of course, way before the 40's. although, the modern day drink as listed is correct. no creme de menthe, no sugared rim, just 2 parts coffee to 1 part whiskey, and top with whipped heavy cream. slainte'.

1946-1964 was my understanding as well, Bucky- figured my memory ain't as good as it usta b- shoulda' researched that'n.

Back
Top Bottom