DID YOU KNOW...
Mayonnaise is said to be the invention of the French chef of the Duke de Richelieu in 1756. While the Duke was defeating the British at Port Mahon, his chef was creating a victory feast that included a sauce made of cream and eggs. When the chef realized that there was no cream in the kitchen, he improvised, substituting olive oil for the cream. A new culinary masterpiece was born, and the chef named it "Mahonnaise" in honor of the Duke's victory.
1. Can you complete this jingle;
"Two All-Beef patties, .................................................. ...................." ?
2. Who Said That ??
"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood."
a. Colin Powell
b. Winston Churchill
c. George Patton
3. Really Tough Question Dept.
Fill in the blank;
....Mushrooms do not contain ________, which is why they can live and thrive without sunshine.
4. Which Missouri city is farther north; Kansas City or St. Louis ?
5. Which country has the highest number of active volcanoes ?
6. At a rate of over 6 billion sold a year world-wide, what's the best-selling cookie brand ?
7. Second Banana-Rama Dept.
Who had a side-kick named Barney fife ?
8. Can you name the four largest moons of Jupiter ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"Israel" translates to "One who Struggles with God".
1. "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun."
2. c.- George Patton
4. Kansas City
7. Sheriff Andy Taylor
8. Io, Europa, Ganyamede and Callisto
Meaning “one who struggles with God,” the name Israel was given to Jacob, one of the Hebrew patriarchs, after he prevailed in his struggle with an angel of God.
The 12 sons of Jacob are referred to as B’nai Israel, or the children of Israel, in the first chapter of the book of Exodus. Subsequently, the term B’nai Israel was applied to the whole Jewish people, who by tradition were considered descendants of the sons of Jacob.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !