Did you know...
IN THE BUFF; TO BUFF
Meaning: In the nude; to polish something
Origin: America witnessed a buffalo hide craze in the 19th century. The soft yellow skins made from buffalo hides look a lot like bare human skin, creating the term in the buff. Strips of the hide were used to polish metals, hence to buff.
1. What is pop singer Brandy's last name?
2. how about Wilt Chamberlain's formal first name?
3. how long did Marco Polo's journey to the orient last?
4. what's the structure depicted on the $50 bill?
5. for what classic horror film did actor john larroquette provide the chilling narration-- twice?
6. do you have a clue as to the largest antique ever sold?
7. what oscar-winning actress is a direct descendant of- and bears the same last name as- one of the signers of the declaration of independence?
8. how fast is hypersonic?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The invention most American teens say they cannot live without is the cell phone.
3. TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS
4. US CAPITAL BUILDING
5. THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE- BOTH 1974 AND 2003
6. the London Bridge
7. glenda jackson
8. mach 6 or more
According to the 2003 Lemelson-MIT Invention index, the invention most teens say they can't live without is the toothbrush.
Following closely in second place is the automobile, and then in order, the personal computer, the cell phone, and the microwave oven.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !